Merry Meet and Welcome!

Merry Meet and Welcome!

We hope that you will find our content to be uplifting and educational. Please keep in mind that this is not a space for debate or criticism but rather a place for respect, curiosity and learning.

You are encouraged to take what you can from what we share here. If you want to know more, do not look to the contributors of this blog to teach anything beyond what we post. Seek out what feels right for you, trust the Spirit to guide you and have faith in our heavenly parents who are the givers of all pure knowledge.

December 22, 2010

RasJane

13 years ago, I converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I distinctly remember the feeling I had upon completing my reading of the Book of Mormon. It was a warm feeling of belief. I was not a convert who was found by the Missionaries, referred by a friend or who joined because of an interest in genealogy. My husband was raised in the church, but was inactive when we met. I started reading his Book of Mormon, asked to talk to the missionaries and was baptized after a year of investigating. I greatly appreciated the family focus of the church, but for me it has always been about the gospel.
In studying my scriptures to find answers on how to help my oldest child who bears many burdens, the scriptural admonition such as that found in Moses 2:14 stood out to me. "And I, God, said: Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven, to divide the day from the night, and let them be for signs, and for seasons,for days, and for years;"
This has been the small pill that is hard to swallow. I have known that this is important to my family, but I have not been diligent in finding a way to implement it. The culture of the church does not support relying on the "lights in the firmament of the heaven" to guide us through the year. Our modern society barely acknowledges the existence of them outside purely scientific inquiry. Yet our ancestors devoted significant time to the study of the stars, the moon and the sun, as well as their motion through the sky.
It has only been through some very difficult trials this year that I have turned to the study of Wicca to supplement my study of the restored gospel. Suddenly my inspiration of many years ago seems very clear. This year, I am dedicated to observing the lunar cycles and the 8 traditional Sabbats. By so doing, I hope to begin to restore my and my family's connection to Nature. Through that connection we will be able to follow the rhythms our bodies crave, increase our understanding of this world and our place in it, and gain a more balanced view of God and Goddess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope that you will find our content to be uplifting and educational. Please keep in mind that this is not a space for debate or criticism but rather a place for respect, curiosity and learning.
Please, join the circle, share your thoughts!