Merry Meet and Welcome!

Merry Meet and Welcome!

We hope that you will find our content to be uplifting and educational. Please keep in mind that this is not a space for debate or criticism but rather a place for respect, curiosity and learning.

You are encouraged to take what you can from what we share here. If you want to know more, do not look to the contributors of this blog to teach anything beyond what we post. Seek out what feels right for you, trust the Spirit to guide you and have faith in our heavenly parents who are the givers of all pure knowledge.

December 24, 2010

Moonprysm


Like Ayla, I came to paganism before becoming LDS. I was born Baptist and I started studying religions when I was fairly young. Originally I found that Wicca seemed to resonate with me. As my religious study continued and my faith matured, I moved to the more general title of Paganism. But after several years of that path, I found it too unbalanced. The general tendancy was to provide only lip-service to our Father, while reserving worship mostly for our Mother. In an attempt to regain balance in my life and to reconnect with both my Father and Brother (Jesus), I began to try out different churches.

When someone suggested I check out the LDS church and I began doing my research, I couldn't believe there was a church out there where all of my beliefs fit - my Heavenly Parents, a reverence toward nature, and an inclination to a more natural way of life - all were in perfect harmony.

I do not like to say that I converted, because my beliefs really did not change much. I do at times struggle with the church as an organization - after all, people are imperfect, and it is an organization run by people - however my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and my Heavenly Parents is always strong. I feel that outside of "rules", outside of "have to's" and "should's", there is a place of true peace and meeting of Spirit. When we expect to get all of our answers from our leaders, there is no reason to go directly to our Heavenly Parents. Spirituality must start in the home - connection must start from within us. I am striving to reach a deeper connection with my Parents, with Spirit, and with the world that was made for us.

My husband is a Pagan who never "converted", and therefore it is important in our family that our children recieve a balanced religious education, covering all sides of our family faith. My husband and I have been married since November of 2003, and together we have 3 boys, born in 2006, 2009, and 2010.I am excited to share our family's journey to balance and connection with everyone here. :)

2 comments:

We hope that you will find our content to be uplifting and educational. Please keep in mind that this is not a space for debate or criticism but rather a place for respect, curiosity and learning.
Please, join the circle, share your thoughts!