Merry Meet and Welcome!

Merry Meet and Welcome!

We hope that you will find our content to be uplifting and educational. Please keep in mind that this is not a space for debate or criticism but rather a place for respect, curiosity and learning.

You are encouraged to take what you can from what we share here. If you want to know more, do not look to the contributors of this blog to teach anything beyond what we post. Seek out what feels right for you, trust the Spirit to guide you and have faith in our heavenly parents who are the givers of all pure knowledge.

February 11, 2011

Our Feast Table

I really like the idea of acknowledging the elements (especially when it's all FIVE elements: earth, air, water, fire, and Spirit aka Deity). I didn't feel comfortable with invoking guardians or anything like that though. In conversing with my husband however, we settled on an idea that we both really liked.

We have a wooden ring advent wreath in which we burn candles at Christmastime.

We decided to remove the trees (they come out easily) and put in candles in the colors to represent the elements, and then use that as our table centerpiece at our Sabbat feasts.
(White = air, blue = water, green = earth, red = fire, and purple = Spirit)

I also found some silver candles, so I will be using them for our Full Moon feasts (we missed the January full moon because the whole family was sick so we didn't do any feasting...but we're looking forward to it this month!)

You might have also noticed the table runners. I found the full moon fabric and was enchanted, so I went looking and found the aurora borealis fabric as well (which was perfect since we live in Alaska). So I bought them both and made a reversible table runner which will go on our table with the candles on Feast Days.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your site. As a long-time Mormon (a TRUE believer) and a devotee of Pagan studies, I feel no apprehension in combining the two.

    Getting my family to come along is another matter! Mostly they just indulge me and roll their eyes when they think I'm not looking.

    So - I teach the pagan observances from a historical and ancestral perspective and throw in a little science on Soltice days. With our ancestry being Scandinavian and British Isles this seems to work for us, well for me, anyway.


    Thank you for a lovely site.

    ReplyDelete

We hope that you will find our content to be uplifting and educational. Please keep in mind that this is not a space for debate or criticism but rather a place for respect, curiosity and learning.
Please, join the circle, share your thoughts!