Merry Meet and Welcome!

Merry Meet and Welcome!

We hope that you will find our content to be uplifting and educational. Please keep in mind that this is not a space for debate or criticism but rather a place for respect, curiosity and learning.

You are encouraged to take what you can from what we share here. If you want to know more, do not look to the contributors of this blog to teach anything beyond what we post. Seek out what feels right for you, trust the Spirit to guide you and have faith in our heavenly parents who are the givers of all pure knowledge.

January 26, 2011

Just some things to keep us on track

My decision and commitment to observe the wheel of the year with celebrations and ritual has helped me complete a project in my que for quite some time.

Would you believe an unschooling family did not have a wall calender in their home? Shocking I know. I kept stalking the dollar store and finally found one I liked. It made it home but never to the wall. Boo. I went to finally put it on the wall and it had disappeared! I remembered that my oldest sister had one from oriental trading co. However after two October birthdays and Christmas I am on a serious budget diet. And what sewer/crafter doesn't look at something like that and think "hey - I can make that!". Psst, stabilizer. (It's your friend and would have been mine had I thought to use it.) But that is a post for another blog.

I am pretty happy with how it turned out and as we put it up last night the kids had so many questions about full moons and waxing vs. waning. I loved answering them all.



It hangs just under our visual Wheel of the Year. My wonderful husband helped me to enlarge and print it out. The kids (5 1/2 and 4) helped me modge podge it to some cardboard. Their involvement in these projects really gets them involved in these celebrations.


We don't have an advent wreath (much as I would love one) and I wasn't planning on spending money on one (remember that diet?). My plan was to simple arrange the candles in their holders into a circle with seasonal decorations in the middle. But (here it comes!) when we went to target for the colored candles they happened to be clearancing a lot of their candles and holders. This one spoke to me. The older two helped me find the right candle colors (right now I can't be picky about the scents and whoo are they gonna clash!) and arrange it on our table. My youngest (15 mos) popped the bubble wrap around the glass holders. East: Blue (for blue skies) South: Red (for fire) West: Green (for green sea waters) North: Yellow (for fields of yellow flowers on the earth) Goddess and God (or Heavenly Mother and Father) candles: White (for spirit and purity)

I love that I can arrange it in a circle or a half helix.


Finally - my very own copy of Circle, Coven and Grove. It came very highly recommended and I am greatful for its ideas and suggestions.

Blessed be.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking a tutorial of that calendar is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! I am going to target today, actually. And I am inspired to figure out a moon calendar for our unschooling family too :-)
    Thanks Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete

We hope that you will find our content to be uplifting and educational. Please keep in mind that this is not a space for debate or criticism but rather a place for respect, curiosity and learning.
Please, join the circle, share your thoughts!